Complex Pediatric Otolaryngology
ABOHNS diplomates will receive a notice when this application process opens. Please contact Aliyah Forte (email@example.com) if you have questions. Listed below is important information about this certification.
The ABOHNS Board of Directors recently made important changes to the CPO subcertification process as of January 2021.
- The assessment to attain subcertification will change from a written and oral exam to a written-only exam. In the absence of an oral exam, the eligibility requirements now must be met at the time of applying for the written exam.
- The training pathway will increase from five years to seven years in length.
- The practice pathway will increase from seven to nine years in length. The practice pathway will close after the written exam administration in 2030.
The Complex Pediatric Otolaryngology (CPO) application portal is now open. Diplomates may access the application by logging into their portal.
- Definition of Complex Pediatric Otolaryngologist (PDF)
- CPO Position Statement endorsed by the ABOHNS, AAO-HNS, and ASPO (PDF)
- Written Exam Blueprint (PDF)
- Eligibility Requirements for the Written Exam (PDF)
- Qualifying Cases for Written Exam Eligibility (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions about CPO (PDF)
- Applications Open: March 15, 2021 through ABOHNS diplomate portal
- Applications Due: May 24, 2021
- Exam Date: November 2, 2021
- Exam Fees: $800 application fee/ $2,325 exam fee
- Exam Site: Pearson VUE testing centers
- Exam Date for 2022: October 25, 2022
- Application process will open on or before January 17, 2022