Complex Pediatric Otolaryngology (CPO)
The ABOHNS diplomates will receive a notice when the CPO application process opens. Please contact Aliyah Forte (email@example.com) if you have questions. Listed below is important information about this certification.
As of January 2021, the ABOHNS Board of Directors has made these important changes to the CPO subcertification process:
- The assessment to attain subcertification will change from a written and oral exam to a written exam only. In the absence of an oral exam, the eligibility requirements now must be met at the time of applying for the written exam.
- The training pathway will increase from five years to seven years in length.
- The practice pathway will increase from seven to nine years in length. The practice pathway will close after the written exam administration in 2030.
- Definition of Complex Pediatric Otolaryngologist (PDF)
- CPO Position Statement endorsed by the ABOHNS, AAO-HNS, and ASPO (PDF)
- Written Exam Blueprint (PDF)
- Eligibility Requirements for the Written Exam (PDF)
- Qualifying Cases for Written Exam Eligibility (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions about CPO (PDF)
- The next CPO exam date is October 25, 2022
- The application process for the 2022 exam will open on or before January 17, 2022
- Exam Fees include an $800 application fee plus a $2,325 exam fee
- Exam Site is at Pearson VUE testing centers